Wednesday 22 June 2011

More Progress

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. It was reports time at school which means more after hours work. But it's all done now.

I've made progress on the 'L' for Lisa.
This photo is quite drak as I took it early this morning with my flash. I'm actually quite happy with the colours now. As I come down to the bottom of the 'L' the colours lighten considerably and make give an overall impression of blending colours.

I must say I 'll glad when it's done. I've used three strands in 18 count aida which I've now decided is too thick (and pretty cumberson to work with). But I aint starting again or unpicking!!!

When it's finished I plan to work on some smaller pieces for magazines to keep the cheques coming in. There is a good chance I'll be leaving teaching next year to focus on my designing full time. I've been quite stressed by teaching this year. So doing smaller projects for more magazines should give my husband a sense of ease with a steady flow of income.

Though the larger projects will always be my first love and I'll certainly be working on them in between the 'bread and butter' stuff.

Until next time,
happy stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't reporting nasty? I thought I had escaped that again this year but I have to do report cards for the music teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking beautiful and vibrant! Love the blending of colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking awesome Jenni! How big is it?

    And that's great news about focusing on your designing....as much as I loved teaching, designing is so much more satisfying! Hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete