Monday 25 April 2011

Purple Bling

I'm working steadily towards putting more designs into magazines.
So far two have been published and are already out in Cross Stitch and Embroidery; Rose Cameo in Vol 18 No.3 (Cross Stitch and Beyond) and Celtic Sampler in Cross Stitch and Beyond Vol18 No. 7

I've had several more designs accepted and waiting either for me to finish the stitching, or for the right issue to be printed in.

I was so excited last month when one of my designs was accepted to World of Cross Stitch magazine in the UK. It won't come out until 2012 as they plan well ahead.

Here's a sneak peek of what's coming up in Cross Stitch and Embroidery.

I've most certainly been in a purple and glittery mood lately. Above is a small handbag/box, and lavender satchel that go as a set and a jewellery box with fairy on teapot. Sorry I can't show them any closer ... it's just a sneak peek until they come out in the mag afterall.

I'm currently working on a hand dyed series. The background fabric are all tie dyed in complimenting colours. The finished results will be stitched versions of some of my watercolour artworks at deviant art.
http://astraldreamer.deviantart.com/

My daughter Annalese has started stitching more regularly. She'll be 12 in October. So I'm designing her a mermaid to stitch. I've told her that I'll share the magazine payment with her if she stitches it neatly enough to submit. So hopefully that will be an extra incentive for her to learn. She's still practicing on a Christmas tree design she started before Christmas (demonstrates how much stitching she really does!) and then a pokemon design before she'll tackle my mermaid. She's been watching me design it, so she's quite motivated at the moment.

Again, thankyou for taking the time to read. And thankyou to San from deviant art who commented.
Don't forget, if you follow my blog you will posted about new entries.

See you next time
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenni,
    welcome to the world of blogging! The designs you have for publication in Cross Stitch and Embroidery look wonderful. I get really excited too when I see my designs published. Looking forward to more updates about you designs. Here's a link to my blog
    http://tangledthreadsstitching.blogspot.com/
    hope you get the chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete