Friday 13 January 2012

Some disapointing news

Well, it is softened with some good news too I guess.
The editor of the magazine I contacted about my beads loved my work. BUT they don't pay contributors?!!!!? So I will only be publishing with them a few times a year for the publicity (they do publish your web address and business details).

So the beading work I did frantically over the last few days was somewhat cheapened.

Well, I'm comforted by the fact that not only will my name be in more magazines, it is good advertising, and I still have my paid magazines.

3 comments:

  1. That's so disappointing...but at least it will be good publicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so odd that they don't pay? Why can they get people to publish then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess people get a kick out of seeing their work in print - I know I do. But I also have to make a living now. And it will be publicity and direct people to the blog and the website when it's done.

    ReplyDelete