Thursday 12 January 2012

Mermaids and swirls

I should finish the little mermaid today. All I have to do is sew the beads into her hair and the beads she is holding. Then all I have to do is paint the box she will sit on. She is for Cross Stitch and Embroidery Magazine.

Yesterday I completed a work on the bead loom for a new magazine (well new for me). I need to get it made up into a finished piece today and sent to the editor for approval. It's an art nouveau type piece with a fan in the middle and swirls out to the side. Here's the cartoon I made to help design the chart and pick colours.
I chose a much lighter purple for the bead inside the fan in the end. It's going to be a cuff bracelet. I'll elt you know if it's chosen for publication.

1 comment:

  1. you have been busy. It's sad though that you can't show more photos at the moment. I look forward to seeing your work when it's published.

    ReplyDelete