Saturday 16 March 2013

Patchwork snd Stitching Magazine Vol 14 No 1

The issue with my profile in it is now out. Thankyou so much for your kind comments from those who saw it.

 Here is some of the wonderful styling the photographer did with my French Butterfly quilt.


And below is the styling for the roses pillow. I love the colours that were used to pick up the oranges in the pillow.

I've just finished an adorable little 'Friend' for a future issue and now I have some time to work on a quilt to use for workshops.

I managed to finish my Jinny Beyer Palette challenge quilt. Unfortunately I can't show you a picture of it as the entry condition states it can't show up on sites like facebook ... so I'm being careful.

I also need to finish my entry for Springwood quilt show (which I CAN show when it's done). I may also use that one for workshops if anyone is interested in the local area.

It feels kind of strange to have finished my comission for the month so early. I almost feel like I'm at loose ends. Those deadlines really keep me working hard, and while there is pressure there, I rarely feel stressed. It's a good kind of push. And this weekend I feel a bit like it's not there .... weird! I'll have to rely on good old self motivation to get some work done. :)

Oh I forgot! Last weekend I went to the Stitches and Craft show in RoseHill. I met up with my cross stithc contacts (and made a few more). So I need to get working on those again too. I picked up 'Sun' for a few hours the other day and I'd forgotten how slow cross stitch is. But the end results are well worth it. I think I'll just work on it at nights and take my time. I do enjoy some hand stitching now and again.

I have some photos of the colour challenge of mini quilts and the high school cetrificate textile major works to download from my phone. I'll show you osme next entry.

Happy creating
Jennidee

No comments:

Post a Comment