Friday 29 March 2013

On The Design Table

Just thought I'd share a photo of the quilt I'm working on at the moment. I won't be able to post a photo of it finished until it is published.
It's called Arabian Nights and I'm loving the way it's turning out.

I also wanted to share a funny story with you.
My daughter was writing a story for school and in it I'm too busy watching 'The quilting channel' to help her with her problem.

My husband, who was in the room listening to the story as well asked what show would be on the quilting channel and we came up with;
Free Motion Challenge
Queers For Quilts (who go looking for special antique quilts)
Grand Designs (quilts that take a long time to make and are too expensive)
Quilt Make Over (old quilts that are taken apart and given a make over)
and
Quilt Road Show (looking for good bargains of quilts for sale).

The sad thing is, it's probably not that far from the truth. :) We don't get many quilting shows in Australia, but the odd ones that have been aired have been similar .

Until next time
Jennidee

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Sally from Archelon Quilts. You left me a comment and I thought I would return the favor. My blog is so new, every comment is a reason for excitement. You asked if there was any residue from using the blue tape to keep my rows in order and the answer is no. I only put the tape on just prior to sewing them, and then took it off right away. It worked very well. I've tried the peg route before but end up sewing the wrong edge to the next block. Love your Arabian Nights quilt teaser! We love Australia--have been twice--2004 for 3 weeks and 2007 for 5 weeks. We are hoping to get back there in 2015. A wonderful country!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete