Sunday 13 July 2014

Quilting Practice

After my sessions with Michele Turner, and after the quilting show I've been inspired to practice some heirloom style quilting.
The first one here is a butterfly design I drew myself in a cream thread.

and then this one is half of the Kings Crown pattern by Gina Perkes from her book Mastering the Art of Long Arm Quilting, with my own fills.
I can't wait to do some more on a big quilt, but I will have to be patient as I have a magazine deadline approaching. At least I'll get to quilt when I've finished piecing that quilt.

See you next time
Jennidee

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are such beautiful quilting designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, you are so kind, though I can't really take credit for most of the King's Crown pattern. :)

      Delete