Sunday 8 September 2013

Sewing Day

I just got back from a sewing day at Folklore in Penrith for Aussie Hero Quilts.
It turned out it was an excellent decision to go.
I was talking to a very lovely lady sitting next to me (who turned out to be Terina) and we were chatting about her daughter Lucy (who was also there sewing). And Lucy had brought in her quilt Soldier On for everyone to view up close.

Imagine my surprise when I realised Lucy was Lucy Carroll whose blog I've been following and Soldier On is the amazing quilt which won best pictorial quilt at the Sydney Quilters Guild show (that I'd been drooling over at the show, and it was the reason I started following her blog). What a small world it is!

Lucy and her mum are both such nice people and her mum lives just a few streets over from we. I hope we can get together for some more quilting soon and Lucy and I can perhaps swap ideas and work on art quilts.

I'm thrilled to actually meet another art quilter. And to meet another quilter who lives so close. It was the reason I went - to meet more quilters, and boy did I hit the jackpot.

And on top of that, Jan-Maree and all the other lovely ladies who I sewed with today were so much fun to be with. I had a wonderful time and will be going back whenever I can (they meet once a month.

So ... a nice story for me today.

Jennidee

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day...especially getting to meet a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete