Thursday 19 February 2015

Progress

OK OK I've been AWOL for a month.
I've been happily art journalling over at my other blog
Jens Arty Life

And then my Quilters Guild magazine arrived yesterday with the entry forms for the show and I realised the deadline was approaching fast for entries. The quilt doesn't have to be completed to be accepted. But I would like to have the top done for a better chance at making the show.

So yesterday I sewed another 4 blocks and I plan to do at least 6 a day over the next week to get all the blocks done. I have 19 left to do. But here is the stack now
Yesterday I calculated all the strips I would need for the last blocks and I finished cutting them this morning. So the last 19 blocks just have to be assembled.

Then I need to do the applique and put the top together. I think I should be able to do it all in a few weeks (there are 3 weeks left for the deadline) and that allows time in the mail for the entry if I need to do it that way.

Hmmmm .... better get back to sewing then!
Jennidee

5 comments:

  1. That looks awesome :-D good luck with finishing it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome :-D good luck with finishing it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours. Hope you manage to get it done in time!

    ReplyDelete